Sunday, February 7, 2010

Oh deer.

Friday Night

6:05 pm

Dark Highway

Open field to the East

50 mph speed limit

Truck

Deer

BOOM!

 
 The big dent on the hood is from the deer's head.
The damage to the grill is from the body.
The bumper didn't budge hardly at all.

Dead stupid deer.
The antlers broke off from contact to truck and asphalt.
The nice police officer lady drug it off to the side of the road for safety.

 
Look at that hair on the bumper.
Pretty sick.
I would show you the poo smear on the driver side but figured I would lose a few Followers of my Blog.
I know my Mamma would appreciate that picture being left out.

 
Here are the antlers that we picked up out of the street.
The right one broke in pieces but the left looks like a clean whole break.


Truck in shop

Hopefully:

It's declared a "Total Loss"

Brother (owner of truck) gets check

We fix truck (if worth it)

Everybody is happy

Now we are back to one vehicle.

Not too hard with our schedules.

Luckily we only work a mile from each other and only a mile from home.

P.S. I have one huge thing to be thankful for in this mess...Nik wasn't hurt one bit. Thank Heavens.
And for those of you who know me...you know my reaction to this was not as lite as described...I just figured I would save you the details because I bet all of you could picture it yourself. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh no you killed it!!! Oh wow that's so sad.

    And so is having one vehicle. We each had our own car while dating, and then we got married and Mike's car died. Completely. So for a year we had one car. Me working out on the reservation in Chandler and him going to school at ASU and working in Lehi. We finally forked over the $2,500 to fix his car a month ago and we are saving so much on gas! And Mike doesn't have to spend an extra two hours of his day driving around to get me and such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh DEER is RIGHT!! What a blessing that Nik wasn't hurt!!

    And yes, you TOTALLY know Yo' Mamma!! THANK YOU for not posting the 'poo pic' for the rest of the world to see!! lol ;>

    ReplyDelete