Saturday, September 19, 2009

Open Please!

Nik and I will be celebrating our 4th Anniversary since we started dating on the 24th of September. Don't get that confused with our Wedding Anniversary because we have just past the 3 month mark! woot woot. That being said....these past 4 years he has done nothing but treat me like a princess and now his queen. One thing he has always done and been very strict about is opening my doors. I do not open any doors when with him because this is one of the ways he likes to show me that he loves me and cares for me. For the first 1.5 years before his mission it was nice and fun getting use to having my doors opened so politely. Then he left for his mission and it was a little hard the first couple days REMEMBERING to open my own door and to not just stand there. lol. I finally got use to it and the 2 years of his mission went on. He came home and didn't even hesitate one second to open a door and would even give me a sad look when I would forget and open a door myself. Hello! He was gone for 2 years! I kinda got out of the habit. Anywho...needless to say, I haven't opened a door for myself when he is around ever since he returned.

Well, right after we got married we moved to Utah. We are all alone but are trying our hardest to make friends to change that. I do have family here and so does Nik but they are all about 30 minutes away, in opposite directions. So we do see them but not very often and not as often as I would like. So, what I am getting at is that when Nik and I aren't together, I am alone. I will go shopping at the mall alone or grocery shopping alone while he is at work. There are many things I do on my own and I open every door, no problem. Well yesterday my sister, Carrot (or rather Caren) came into town for my birthday and after dropping Nik off at work, we went to the mall to go shopping. Okay...so....I am not alone at this moment because Carrot is with me. Carrot and I get out of the car and walk up to the Nordstrom doors to enter the mall. We get to the door and I just STAND THERE. haha. I look at the door and then her as if I am waiting for Nik or someone to open it. I then burst out in laughter! haha. I wasn't alone at that time so my mind just automatically told me to wait and the door will open. hahahaha. I end up opening the door and explained to Carrot what the deal was. haha. Everytime I was with someone for the last 3 months, it was Nik and he would open my doors.

LOL! I hope you find this as funny as I do. I felt like a complete idiot! It was classic.

Oh wait! Later on that evening when Nik got off work we all went out to eat and then to see Love Happens. (great movie, btw) We go to the theater and this is one where you open one door and then you have to go thru another one right after that. Nik, of course, opened the first door so Carrot and I went in. We then stood there waiting for him to open the next door but he was still holding the first door for the other people behind us, because he is just that much of a gentleman. Carrot and I are standing there and it doesn't register in my head that Nik is not going to be able to open that next door until about 5 people gather into that same confined area as the two of us. So after it registers I rush over and reach for the door, which was completely weird, and I opened it for everyone else while laughing to myself. It was very funny. Carrot understood what was going on only because of the mall scene I put on and she was laughing as well.

Nik is so wonderful to me and to any lady he is around. I love that he cares this much for me and every other Daughter of God to do this. No other boyfriend has ever treated me the way he does and I love him even more for that. I could go on and on about him, but I think you catch my drift. Hope you enjoyed my funnies.

Open Please!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, that IS funny! Miss you girlie, and miss our chats. Good to hear that you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete