Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sharing is Caring!

So I haven't posted in a while but boy do I have some funnies to tell you!

Let's start with the usual dinner at the Berry House. Ok? I usually have the main meal made by the time Nik comes home and then when he gets home I finish the last stuff...veggies, fruit, salad, or anything else that is better fresh. Sometimes I will ask Nik for his help and this one particular time made me laugh the hardest.

I ask him to cook up the frozen green beans and so he started with getting the bag out of the freezer and getting a bowl down from the cupboard. He proceeds to put the frozen green beans in the bowl and puts them in the microwave. Once it beeps he pulls them out, puts some butter on them as well as salt and pepper. He brings the bowl to the table.

Notice how I never mentioned him putting the now cooked green beans on our plates or in separate bowls? That's right...because it never happened. We eat dinner and then before I know it I look over at him and this is what I see - Nik holding the green bean bowl up with one hand and a fork in the other, grabbing the LAST green bean out of the bowl! They were GONE! He sees me looking at him with a sad puppy-dog face as he puts the last one in his mouth. He then immediately looks down at the bowl and then back at me and realizes he ate them ALL! He smile with a mouth full of green beans and swallows. I asked "what about me?" in a sad little cute voice. He replies "I brought these over to share" and smiles again in a sorry but cute smile.

Hahaha I couldn't help but laugh so hard at that face and what he just did. It was the funniest thing ever. Lol. Yes, he really did mean to share but he was just enjoying them too much and ate them all. So every now and then when we have to share something I always joke about letting me ACTUALLY eat some of it or what not.

This same thing happened at breakfast one time. He had made waffles and brought everything to the table. He asked what I wanted to drink and I told him I wanted milk. Well, I'm not if it is this way with every male but with Nik he would rather keep it small and simple. So he grabs a big cup out of the cupboard and pours milk in it and brings it to the table. That's right, just one cup....a big one. Well I didn't really pay attention and need any milk to drink until later...and of course it was at the moment Nik takes the last sip of milk. I look at him with that same over-exaggerating sad face as I see there is no milk. He makes the same "whoops" face as he looks at the cup and then at me and then at the cup and back at me. haha. It was so funny I laughed hysterically again because this was the second time sharing wasn't really the best of options. haha. We both laughed for a long time.

I love my husband and how cute and funny he is. He is always making me laugh with the funny little silly things he does on purpose and not on purpose. He is all mine and I couldn't be any more happy!

1 comment:

  1. Sharing really IS caring! I love watching - well, not WATCHING, because you're 650 miles AWAY - but OBSERVING you two caring for each other! You're the best! Both of YOU!! ;>

    ReplyDelete