Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The In-Laws

I married into a wonderful family.
 I am so happy that my Mother-In-Law is not the "typical" MIL in most jokes.
 She is so nice and sweet and I can tell she genuinely cares about me.

As a late Christmas present/Vday gift, my Mother and Father-In-Law
 sent Nik and I a gift card to Carrabba's.
 We love that place!
Randee (my Mother-In-Law)
 always talks about how much she loves this specific dish...
and I believe it is the Pollo Rosa Maria. I think that is it.
 I decided to take her word on it and ordered it....
AND IT WAS AMAZING!
 I thought I wouldn't like it when I saw there was no red sauce in the dish...
but it was so delicious.
 It is a chicken breast stuffed with cheese and then a mushroom sauce over it.
Whether that is the dish she loves or not, it was so good!
You all should try it the next time you are there.

Then...Nik's Grandma - Nanu - is so sweet and makes me smile and laugh all the time.
 I am so blessed to have another awesome grandma in my family.
Every...and I mean EVERY holiday
she sends out a holiday card with some little goodie inside.
For Vday she sent a cute card with a gift card to the theatres so Nik and I could have a night out.
And she always personalizes the cards.

L.O.V.E

THEN....we get another card last week and so I thought
 She must have forgotten she already sent us a card
 becuase it was in a red envelope.
 I open it up...and it is a card for the Chinese New Year with her wishing us a
Happy Chinese New Year.
SO CUTE!
And I guess it is good luck to give people a dollar...
so she sent both Nik and I one.
How stinkin adorable is that?!?!
 I love getting random cards.
 They let Nik and I know that people are thinking about us and they love us.

There are many more examples
 but these are a few that really brightened our days recently.

Thank you, my wonderful family I married into!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you DID marry into a wonderful family, Dawna! I just LOVE the Berrys, too!! They are just such amazing people!!! ;>

    Although I'm not sure how Randee and I should refer to each other. I feel like she's my sister, but "Sister-in-Law" isn't quite right. And neither is "Co-Mother"... I dunno... Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete