Monday, December 27, 2010

Whisperings

Ok, here is a little story for you.

Nik wakes up early for work and to be able to work out before work (they have a gym at his office and it rocks. Gotta love BofA).

Anywho...he woke up at 5am this morning so he could get there in time to work out, shower, and get ready for work there and be to work by 8 without any rush.

As he is leaving the house I was still cozied up in bed but had this feeling to roll over and make sure he took his scan badge to get in the buildings. But then I realized my phone was over on the bookshelf and I didn't want to have to get up to text him if it did happen to be there on the dresser still.
Bad wife? Maybe.

Well about an hour after he leaves and I fall back asleep I get this BANGING on my window!
My head lays right there and it scared the HECK out of me!
My eyes SHOT open and stared at the ceiling.
I didn't know what to do.
I have this fear of looking out windows in the dark because I might  see some yellow beady eyes staring back at me.
Ok?
might
But still...it's a horrible thought.
Then more rapping at my window.
I just layed there motionless and prayed that Nik locked the door when he left for work.
THEN my phone light went on and I ran to it.
Maybe Nik was having a feeling that something bad was happening to me and wanted to tell me he loved me.
So I got out of bed...and IT WAS Nik calling me!
My LOVE!
So I called him back and whispered "hello"
And he goes "Yes, it's me at the window."
GOSH!
Scare the living daylights out of me!!!!
I look over on the dresser...and there was his scan badge!
DURH!
Why couldn't I have just LOOKED over there when I had that feeling...because now Nik will have driven the length to Maricopa and back today and that was one thing we were looking forward to with me being out of a job now - less gas! Yes, he drove to Chandler and the 101 and THEN he realized he left his badge. grrr.....listen next time, Dawna!
The reason he was knocking at my window was because he doesn't have a house key to my parent's house yet....which is NOW on my list for the day!

So not only did he waste gas because I didn't listen to the Whisperings and he didn't double check...but he also didn't have time to work out before work (which he loves). Sorry babe.
Learn from my mistakes and listen!

LOL
What a morning!

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious! Oh my goodness.
    So are you not working anymore?

    ReplyDelete