Friday, February 11, 2011

Chocolate, Cheese, and Cherished Memories!

Last Saturday (February 5th) Nik and I had our Valentines Date.
Yes, a little early...but it was cheaper that way.
We had a coupon* and some gift certificates to this lovely little place we call...
...THE MELTING POT!
Oh how we love that place.

When we got there there was a little 2-seater booth available for us
Curtains
Candles
And lots of Romance.
It was perfect.

It was nice have that curtain so we weren't distracted by all the people outside.
Just me.
Just Nik.
Just love.
Just Us!

Well...we went about the cheese entree and then the salad...
...and then as we were waiting for the main course,
the most beautiful thing happened....
...Nik felt our little Baby Girl kick!
I hadn't really been able to feel her kicking while I was sitting up, but just that day she started to get stronger.
She was loving the food and decided to make her presence known.
So after a few strong kicks I had Nik reach over and put his hand on my belly...
...and he felt her!
It was now even more real to him.
The expression on his face was priceless.
I had tears in my eyes.
It was beautiful.
THAT was OUR Girl saying Hello!

We had our main course and then the chocolate...
...but the best part of the evening was Nik connecting with his Baby Girl.
Gosh!
I can't get over how sweet he is and how much of a great Father he will be.
I love him so much!


Now wait...it gets better!
Just last night he and I were laying down watching our movie.
She was moving around a TON!
I wanted Nik to feel but she was being so jumpy.
She would bump over on my left side
and then down
and then to my ribs
and then to the right.
Just a bump here and there.
So I didn't have him waiting to feel a little bump.
Figured he wouldn't feel much, if anything at all.
But he wanted to try.
So he placed his hand on my belly button...
...and the coolest thing happened!
She started kicking so hard...RIGHT THERE!
She was giving her strongest movements right where his hand was.
His eyes would get so big with every little move.
And she was doing it one right after the other.
She was saying Hello to her Daddy.
After about 2 minutes of that, he took his hand away.
She then started kicking randomly like earlier.
He waited about 10 minutes and then wanted to see if she would do it again.
And.
She did!
It was so cute!
Her strongest kicks were all in a row, right where he waited.
It was so awesome and beautiful and amazing!
I can't wait to play with her in my arms.
And to see her daddy squeeze her so tight with all his love!
(sidenote: she is about 10inches from head to toe.
so big in there!)



This is becoming more and more real to me everyday.
Sometimes I forget I am pregnant,
I just feel like I am getting huge,
Until I feel her moving.
I have yet to feel and understand her hiccups...
...and for that day, I can't wait!
She is so sweet already!
She is OUR little Baby Girl.
I love her so much!
21weeks 0days
Running out of shirts to wear.
Don't wanna get Maternity shirts yet,
Cuz, well, I am not THAT big just yet.
Probably in a month or so.
Trying to make what I have work!
 
This is the only picture I have for this whole post
:(
We pulled out our camera...
...and it was dead!
Shouldn't have been,
But oh well.
We have the memories in our hearts.


Dear Baby Berry,
Your Mommy and Daddy love you so much!
We are so excited to bring you to this earth.
To be a family.
To be friends.
To be together for Eternity!
We have enjoyed every little kick and little bump.
Yes, sometimes I hurt from all the changes, 
But I just remind myself that you are healthy
And that this will all be worth it...
...to be your Mom.
Can't wait to see you.
If all goes well we will see you in 18 weeks and 5 days!
Yes, June 22nd.
Let's make that happen!
Unless you have a different plan,
and that is okay.
Whenever you are ready!
We love you!
Love,
Mommy and Daddy Berry
 
 
 
*Courtesy of Entertainment Coupon Book,

1 comment:

  1. This is so stinkin precious! :) You two are going to make the best parents! You can tell how much you guys love her already!

    ReplyDelete