Sunday, February 13, 2011

Faith...

I am in Primary with the 4/5 year olds.

Today was the best day ever!
Other than having 25 minutes of dead time,
My heart melted.
Let me explain.

There is this little boy in the class.
He is very smart.
He asks very good questions.
He does listen and pay attention even if he doesn't act like it.

Well today my co-teacher, Angela, was teaching the lesson on Faith.
She opened class by asking a question...
...to try and get the children involved.
(this age is a difficult one with getting them involved).

"What is Faith?"

And the little boy pipes up immediately
"A SEED!"

I looked at him and then at Angela...
...my jaw just dropped.
They DO listen!
They DO learn.
I was SO PROUD OF HIM!!!
It was so cute.
Then Angela took a girl outside the classroom to show her something in a box.
The little girl was then to come inside the classroom and tell the rest of the kids what was inside.
They needed to have faith that what was in the box was really what she said.

Inside the box were packets of seeds.
Angela showed the seeds after the kids all said they believed the little girl.
And the little boy asked some more questions..
...some we couldn't answer.
"What plant is Faith?'
"What color is it?"
"What color is Faith?!"

Angela and I just looked at eachother...
...."Um, that is a hard question..."
We smiled and then we just went on with the lesson.
They are just 4, let's just keep it simple.
=]

The rest of the lesson I just couldn't help but smile.
It was so precious.
He was such a cutie!
These kids DO understand.

Here is the song he learned this from.

“Faith,” Children’s Songbook of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 96–97

1. Faith is knowing the sun will rise, lighting each new day.
Faith is knowing the Lord will hear my prayers each time I pray.
Faith is like a little seed:
If planted, it will grow.
Faith is a swelling within my heart.
When I do right, I know.
2. Faith is knowing I lived with God before my mortal birth.
Faith is knowing I can return when my life ends on earth.
Faith is trust in God above;
In Christ, who showed the way.
Faith is strengthened; I feel it grow
Whenever I obey.
 
Words: Beatrice Goff Jackson, b. 1943. © 1978 IRI
Music: Michael Finlinson Moody, b. 1941. © 1978 IRI

No comments:

Post a Comment