Tuesday, March 15, 2011

DOUBLE DIGITS, BABY!!!

My friends and family call me a Numbers Freak.
I love to count down.
I became a pro while Nik was on his mission...
...and am now perfecting my skills even further with this pregnancy.

As of today....
99 DAYS LEFT!
Nope, not excited...
And I am DEFINITELY NOT the one counting
*sheepish grin*
I'M ECSTATIC!
And if you didn't already calculate...
...that makes it only 14 weeks from tomorrow!
June 22, 2011...HERE WE COME!

Double Digits.
Gosh, this feels good.
To think about the day I found out
I had 246 Days to go.
CRAZY!

If you have been to my house you might have seen the Mission Countdown Board Nik made for us hanging in the hallway.
Well, that board has been used numerous times since.
Any time there is something big to count down to, 
my family puts the days back up, just to remove them one night at a time counting down.
They used it for when we moved back home to AZ...FOR GOOD this time.
And now I use it for the arrival of our Sweet Baby Girl.
There are only 2 rows and 3 days left.
(I tried to get a good picture of it but the board is so large and the hall is so small,
it didn't quite work.)
Crazy Talk!

I guess I ought to post pictures of this glorious time
And show off The Bump.
Our Little Princess is approximately the size of an eggplant.
13 inches and around 1.5lbs.
I have my next appointment this Monday so we might actually get an accurate measurement.
We'll see.

25weeks 2days
(not my room.
this was the Random Room for my sister-in-laws wedding this last weekend.
i wish that suitcase in the back was mine for a cruise.
someday.)
Here is a closer picture.
(p.s. I LOVE my skirt.
got it at Ross.
super cute. super silky.)

 And I can't leave out the cute couple.
I just LOVE her!
Just when I thought I had ENOUGH sisters...
...cuz 3 is a lot when that is all you have...
...I join her family and we get along so well!
Love my Amy!
And I am so happy for her and Tim
Can't forget that!
What a happy day that was and what a happy life they will have...
...always giggling and having fun.
(I just hope they aren't sick on their cruise right now...
...because a bug has been passed around the Berry Family
this last week.)
Oh and what is even better...
they are staying here for the summer rather than going to San Diego!
My little girl will have 4 Aunts and 4 Uncles!

Oh, remember that sick note a minute ago...
...that brings me to my next piece.
Nik was sick with a Stomach Bug all Sunday
And we just thought it was some Ranch he had with his Pizza.
THAT'S a JOKE!
Cuz I didn't eat that Ranch....and now I'm sick.
It has not been a fun 24 hours
ESPECIALLY as the Baby is practicing her Gymnastics Routine in MY BELLY!
EXCUSE ME!
Not today, please.
Okok....I am so grateful she is well and kicking....but she has never been this continuously active.
Everrrrr.
And on the day when I am most nauseous she decides to play around.
I could feel her doing somersaults and cartwheels.
It was insane.
It was awesome at some points and then others would make my eyes go cross.
But...really....I'm glad I have an active baby and that everything is good and well.
I can't wait to meet her!
So...we pray this sickness will leave soon.
Nik just has some lingering side effects and hopefully it will be gone...
...because how long he is out is a sign of my days ahead.
YUCK!

So...that is what is new.
Don't forget...

DOUBLE DIGITS, BABY!!!
 

3 comments:

  1. I feel like an MG again, counting down the days. Of course, you're always ahead of me (only last time, it was only a month). Anywho, I'm so excited for you and Nik, and as sick as I'm sure it makes you feel, I cannot wait to feel my little shnozberry moving around inside of me! Love you, and I seriously can't wait for out little ones to grow up and be friends. If I have a boy, can we please make sure they marry each other? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you, Dawna! Get to feeling better, soon, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha awh I'm sorry you're sick! But on the bright side, you are adorable pregnant! I love how you talk about your unborn baby! I can tell you and Nik already love her so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete