Thursday, March 31, 2011

3rd Trimester...Ready or Not, Here We Come!

Wow.
Is this really happening?!
I cannot believe it.
I remember being in my 1st Tri begging for it to be over
and that 13 weeks took FOREVER!
Now I only have 12 left?!
agh!

I say I have 11 weeks and 6 days left
because it would be awesome for our Baby Girl to arrive on June 22nd.
If she comes early, fine by me, but here is my silly reason for the 22nd.

I was born September 22nd.
My next sister, Carrot (Caren), was born December 22nd.
Then Bagel (Baylee), the next sister, was born November 22nd.
And then the failure begins...
...ok, it was because of the doctor,
And it would have worked but things were overlooked at the time
So, Boog (Hannah), my last sister, was born July 26th...
...although the doctor admitted she could have arrive on the 22nd because she WAS full grown.
WTHeck!?!?!
Wanna know how we know...
...July 26th she arrived at 9lbs 11oz.
HUGE!

Well it just so happened that my "official due date" is June 24th
But I told the doctor,
Because he is the same one that delivered me and all my sisters
and knows the "tradition"
I told him if she is still not here by June 22nd, I want her then.
He smiled and nodded, saying he can make that happen!
=]
Silly??
I don't think so.
Just so happened that way!

People do fun things with names...
like get this...
I just so happened to be born on the 22nd
and then Caren just so happened on the 22nd as well.
According to my mom, that just worked out that way.
So when she was having the next one, she tried to have Baylee on the 22nd as well...
...walking around the mall the night before and such.
So our names went D - C - B - and then that was it because we couldn't agree on an A name.
So Hannah is as close as we will get to an A name.

Anywho...people do fun things with names, and if it so happens I can have our children on the 22nd
of any given month....you better believe I will do that.
Silly? Yes.
Fun? You bet!

Anywho....enough with that sillyness.
This has been one fun ride.
How I only have 83ish days left, I have no idea!
Our Little Jewel has been getting stronger and stronger.
It has been fun and uncomfortable all at the same time.
But I am so happy to be here experiencing this.

Last night I was on the phone with Nik as he was driving home from work
And She had the hiccups.
It was so cute!
You could see a steady beat right on my belly.
It lasted just over 3 minutes.
It was so cute.
I interrupted Nik real quick to tell him and he just laughed and smiled.
He is so in love with her already!

Oh, and not sure if you remember me mentioning my lower back and hips always hurting...
...well Nik and I bought a mattress topper and it has made a HUGE difference.
I no longer wake up in pain.
It is wonderful!
Wish we would have gotten on sooner
But we didn't. Oh well.
I'm happy now!
And Nik says his back hasn't hurt as badly either.
YAY!

But now I have a question...
...and if you are still reading this, yay!
Does gravity effect the baby while in the womb?
Honestly.
Lately I have felt her feet on my right side
and when I lay on my right side (just for a little bit)
she gets her tap moves on like crazy...
...or so it feels like.
And it REALLY hurts!
Such a weird feeling.
So I will then roll over to my left and I stay that way 95% of the time.
Well, is she landing on her head with a headstand or what?
Might be a silly question,
But I really wanna know.
So...let me know what you think or if you really know the answer.

I guess that is all.
Thanks for your attention.
So excited to meet this little girl....but right now I gotta go feed her.
Yay for breakfast!

*And sorry I don't go through and proof read it before submitting it
So hopefully it makes sense.
Just what is happening in this Pregnant Brain of mine.
=]
Loves!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure about gravity affecting the baby while in the womb...they ARE in water. However, I had the same problem. Laying on my right side really hurt. It got really annoying because I had a lot of hip pain throughout my pregnancy and flipping was the only way to distribute the pain and make it feel better. I think it is our own bodies that change when we flip sides. Our insides aren't used to having that large sac in there, so I think when we turn there are organs that are poking the uterus. Maybe your baby girl gets annoyed because your spleen is in her way. Who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should ask. At my friend Tania's ultra sound she asked the doctor that same question. The doctor said no, the baby isn't effected by gravity.

    ReplyDelete