Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Precious Moments

Your Baby: Month 6

Let your spouse put an ear to your belly -- he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required). Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes (cute!!).

 
So we tried this last night.
I was getting ready for bed and remember reading this earlier in the day.
So I asked Nik if he wanted to hear something cool.
He was up for it.
I told him to put an ear on the baby and to listen closely.
He had to move around a couple times and finally found it.
He lifted his head with the sweetest smile of one happy daddy
and said he could hear our daughters beating heart.
He put his ear back to her and closed his other ear so he could hear better.
He was soooo cute!
I wish I could hear it without a monitor...
...but that's not possible...
...I have a huge baby in the way.
lol.
I asked him how fast it was beating just to make sure it wasn't mine he heard.
He mimicked it perfectly.
About 155 beats per minute.
(At least that is what the doctor said on Monday).
Awww....such a sweet moment.
I was afraid it would be too soon to hear it but I guess not.

Such a precious moment that I had to document it.
It is the little things in life that make us smile.
I don't ever want to forget this.




Dear Baby Berry,
I haven't written you in a long time.
Sorry.
I just want you to know that I can't wait to see you!
13 short weeks left.
Can you believe that?!?!
You will be here before we know it.
I also want you to know that you are so precious and special
to your mommy and daddy already.
We love you so much!
This has been such a fun journey
getting ready for your big debut.
You have changed your mommy and daddy's lives so much
and it is all for the better.

You have so many friends and family members
that love you so much already,
without even meeting you face to face.

Your Auntie Amy and Uncle Tim
got married 12 days ago.
You were so cute during the ceremony,
kicking around and making your presence known.
Auntie Amy loves you so much and gives you a special hug
every time she is around.
You even made it in the wedding pictures.
Just you, me, and her.
She was so pretty that day,
I'm sure you will love that picture!

Your Grandma Allred asks about you every morning.
Sometimes you would think I don't matter anymore...
...at least not as much as you,
but I know that isn't true.
She loves us both.
When you get here...you should ask her about
The Owl Quilt.
You could get a good laugh outta her with that one.
She was just so excited to be a Grandma,
she got started early!
She loves you so much!

Nanu is always excited to have you around.
Don't be surprised when soccer season comes around
and you are out on the field.
Don't worry,
we will all be there cheering you on.
You might have actually heard her a time or two
talking to you.
She loves you so much.
I know she will make a wonderful Great Nanu!

Can't forget about your Grandpa Berry.
Every time you are around he is making sure you are good and healthy.
One time he gave me a whole plate of strawberries...
...just because "his granddaughter needs her vitamins."
It was very sweet.
Hope you liked those!
I sure did.
Grandpa even got a nasty scrape all along his forearm while working.
I made sure to bandage him up and take care of it
before it got any worse,
because we all know he needs that arm to hold you.
Especially when it comes time for you to go out hunting with the Berry Boys.
Don't worry though...you will look cute in all that hunting gear,
bows and all!
;)

Trust me...everyone else is so excited to meet you too.
Auntie Carrot has even set up a website and clothing business
so she can give you cute little clothes.
She sure misses you while she is in Utah but she will be here in July to visit.
Be careful though, she might squeeze you to pieces!
Auntie Bagel and Boog love you too.
They count down to your arrival with me.
They are having so much fun.
Your Uncle Sam is excited to teach you how to play ball
and is very sweet to let me have the soft seat in the house
so you and I can be comfortable.
Uncle Jake always checks on you,
just like a good big uncle would do.
And we can't forget about your Grandma Berry.
She loves hearing all the cute stories of what you have been up to lately.
Your Grandpa Allred is sweet and excited for another girl...
...I mean, heck, that is all he knows.
All your other Great-Grandparents and other friends
are so happy to have you joining the family.
You are going to have loving people around you all the time.

I guess for not writing in a long time
I can become a chatterbox.
I'll let you get some sleep now.
I love you,
my Little Princess.
You make me smile.

Love,
Your Mommy and Daddy

2 comments:

  1. Stop this! You're making me want a baby!! This can't happen for at least a few more years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Dawna, would you PLEASE stop trying to make her Grandma Allred CRY??? I would like to read through at least ONE blog post without wet eyes!!

    Oh, Baby Berry, everything that your mommy just told you is absolutely TRUE!!! We LOVE you and can't WAIT to see you, hold you, and share our lives with you!!!

    ReplyDelete