Friday, March 25, 2011

First of Many

So last night was the first night I have experienced what so many other mothers talk of and dread...

NO SLEEP!
Our Little Jewel decided she wanted to play around...all night long.
Before this, she would be quiet and if she played around, I had no idea.
Occassionally she would wake up with me around 3:30am on my potty break, but that was it.
She was as light as a feather when she would move.
Well, not anymore. She is one strong little lady.
I could not for the life of me get more than 30 minutes of sleep at a time.
Didn't help that her and her daddy decided to tag-team and keep me up all night.
I guess it was warmer than usual in our room last night, so Nik would not lie still.
But then again...neither could I...BECAUSE the two of them kept moving.

I laugh at it now...but maybe it is just because I am super-dee-duper exhausted!
lol.
And I am very very happy that everything seems to be healthy and right on schedule...
Just part of learning how to deal with this completely different part of life.

But on a different note...my mom and I play our own Scrabble Game on FBook.
Now, this is very unusual because the family isn't the biggest fan of playing that game with her...
...because she is SO DARN GOOD!
She jokes about reading the dictionary when she was younger, but I swear she did.
In fact, if I close my eyes REAL hard I can see her from my spot on the clouds in Heaven doing so.
True story.
;-)
Well, we started a new game, because I actually won last game.
THAT, my friends, IS RARE!
So it's my first turn on this new game....and in 2 minutes I find a word using ALL my 7 letters...
...giving me the 50pt bonus! I was super stoked! I couldn't stop laughing...not that I was rubbing it in, because I know it will eventually be her winning....but I was just sooooo happy I got a good score and was in the lead.
And the funniest part was how the word directly relates to my pregnancy - CRAVINGS. lol
Well, my next hand of tiles were A A A I I U T.
CRAP!
What am I suppose to do with that?!?!
See, this game is not about strategy at all...it's about luck and knowing weird words.
Well, I guess a little about strategy because you don't want to play somewhere next to a DW or TW to allow the next player that spot. But other than that, just takes brains.

Now onto the BEST part of the night....Cherry Swirl Coffee Cake

FORGET about DINNER!!!
Bring on this bad boy!
Just found this on the Betty Crocker site....and made it in a jiffy.
You should try it out.
Looks almost like the Entenmann's Coffee Cake.
If it is a similar match...I'll be in heaven.

Well, that is all for tonight, folks!
Have a good weekend.
Loves!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I did NOT read the dictionary when I was younger!! You need to retract THAT little statement!! lol

    And as for you watching it up from above. . . didn't happen!! :D

    But I DO have fun playing games with you! No matter who wins or loses! (But you BETTER not keep winning, because I've got my stats to keep up!!)

    LOVE you, DawnaBug!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Invest in Unisom. It's a sleep aid that is safe to take while pregnant. You can also take Benadryl. But yes, the sleepless nights will be here for quite a while I hate to say. I promise, you will get pretty good on going on interrupted sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so fun to hear about your little girl! I just still can't believe you're having a baby!! BEST EVER!!! And that is sooo funny about the scrabble!! It's totally the same with me and my dad hahaha!

    ReplyDelete