Friday, January 28, 2011

Bartok?

Who remembers the Disney movie Anastasia?
One of my favorite Disney lines comes from that movie.
I don't usually upload videos but this is just my favorite!


Well, what am I getting at....I felt my baby girl move and kick for the first time yesterday!!!
It was amazing!
I was just laying down in my bed listening to the radio,
TRYING to get up for the day when I felt these weird 'muscle spasms' on my lower stomach.
I muted the radio immediately
(As if muting the radio would make me feel any better?? lol)
 and just laid there,
holding my breath so I could pay better attention. 
(As if holding my breath would REALLY produce better results??)

I put my hand just below my belly button and there were little movements.
Little movements. Little bumps and jabs.
Little movements from a little baby!!!
My eyes got real big as I realized what those were.
That was OUR baby!
There was a little kick on one side,
and then another,
and another,
and then nothing would happen for a minute or two and then I felt the bumps and kicks
moving to the other side.

Now, I don't know, and I actually doubt that my hand felt any of that.
I am pretty sure it was just under my skin that I felt it
and that I was just wanting my hand to feel it so I made my mind think it.
I still think the movements are too small for Nik to feel, but I am anxiously awaiting that day!

It was amazing! I couldn't believe what just happened.
I don't feel it every day or all day just yet
...just when I am really still.
I am so excited to meet her and to continue our little family.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, SWEET, Dawna!! Can't wait to actually SEE and FEEL her moving! You've got the best seat in the house, for SURE!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't feel Jack during the day when I was busy until he was pretty big. However, at night when I was laying down he would start going crazy. It definitely made me want to start laying down all the time! That's so fun! I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete