Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Salsa, Anyone??

Sometimes I make these posts more for myself to look back on than for your entertainment...so bare with me for a minute, please.
Thanks.

I heart Mexican food!
HEART IT!
I love and crave chips and salsa on a regular basis (pre-pregnancy as well).
But one very sad thing has happened since I became pregnant...
No More Chips and Salsa (at least the Red Salsa). =[
Since I have been pregnant I have had Mexican food THREE times.
TWICE I had Red Chunky Salsa, the norm.
ONCE I have had the Green Salsa from Tia Rosa's.
TWICE I came home and shared all my food with the toilet bowl.
ONCE I didn't share one bite!
So....I have come to the conclusion
(because this never happened before in my life and really only one thing has changed)
that I cannot eat Red Chunky Salsa for the next 6 months...
unless I want to share again. 
But....I'm not much of the sharing type...at least not voluntarily.
So much sadness has been brought to my belly as I came to this conclusion. 
Let me just say...
once this baby is here to hold and love and kiss and cuddle....
I'm chowin' down on some sushi and salsa! 
You better believe it!

Well, if you survived this brutally honest post, I need some help...
...The only Green Salsa places I know of are Gecko Grill (amazing) and Tia Rosa's (amazing) so let me know if you know of any others, please!!! I'd like to keep some sanity.

1 comment:

  1. P.S. If you could 'score' me some of your daddy's bbq sauce, I HAVE the recipe to the salsa at Gecko/Rosa's....would be willing to share!!! In fact, I have some in my fridge RIGHT NOW!! No chips, so you would have to bring those, but hey, small sacrifice, right? Love ya!
    Shelli

    ReplyDelete