Sunday, January 30, 2011

Me.Want.Cookie! Me.Eat.Cookie!

This is the blue version of myself.
I CANNOT get enough of cookies right now!
(You probably wouldn't believe me if I told you 
that I sing Cookie Monster's little song in my head
in my spare time, would you?
True Story.) 

See...I am not much of a candy person, or a cake person, or pie, or even cookie...
But right now, I cannot stop thinking about cookies.
I cannot stop baking cookies.
I just cannot get enough.

This week I have made
Chocolate-Marshmallow Pillows,
No-Bake Cookies,
Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies (thanks Grandma Allred for the kit),
and
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (thanks Grandma, again, for the kit).
Obsessed? Maybe.
Delicious? Definitely.

I woke up this morning and one of the first things I told Nik was that I wanted cookies.
After church we took a little nap and when I woke up I told him I was going to make some cookies.
He just laughs,
But I know he enjoys it too.
The whole family does.

Here are the delicious Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies I made with the kit Grandma gave me for Christmas from Lehi Roller Mills.
Yes, you can see they are a hit already! 
All those empty spaces once held the yummies.

Oh how I love cookies.
After much denial I guess I can say I crave cookies.
From my previous post you see I once craved Orange Chicken,
But once I passed the 1st Trimester I was done with that craving.
Now it is this yummy goodness that keeps me up at night.

So if you have extra cookies lying around, send them MY WAY, please!

19weeks 1day
I FINALLY feel that I look like I am pregnant,
rather than looking like I just gave up my Resolution of the gym in the first month.
Still having constant pain from all the shifting in my lower back, hips, and even my ribs.
If any mothers or pregnant ladies have suggestions, let me know!
But let me tell you, I truly am loving this whole experience.
It amazes me everyday what is going on.
That there is my baby growing more and more, getting ready to meet her mommy and daddy.
That Nik and I get to raise this beautiful little spirit.
This is amazing!
Through all the pain, I still smile at the end of the day.
I love her already.
And I love the wonderful husband of mine who has been so supportive through this whole experience.
He is a great husband,
(not to mention good looking!), 
And he will be a great father
(I just know it)!

2 comments:

  1. I love the note on the mirror from him :-) You are such a cute pregnant lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try to sleep on your left side - don't know why its supposed to be the left, its just what everything I have read says. Also, you can take Extra Strength Tylenol. If it works for you great - my body just takes Tylenol as a sugar pill basically. Also, be sure to be drinking tons and tons of water. You can use heating pads and take warm baths - that should hopefully help. Also, I know when my back hurt when I was prego with Garrett - I took a pillow with me to work to put on my chair and that helped. I could lean back against a soft extra fluffy pillow rather than having to sit up straight in my chair all day.

    ReplyDelete