Friday, April 1, 2011

It's Not You, It's Me.

I have loved Irony ever since I learned about it my Freshmen year. We learned about it by watching The Princess Bride and breaking apart different scenes. I have a liking for it in a weird way because I feel it is a bit sarcastic. (I don't know if that makes sense to anyone else, but it does in my head. Hopefully for you, too.)

Let me share a little bit of what happened to me yesterday.

I have been on a Dr. Pepper kick. Can't stop wanting it and craving that sweetness. I just want more and more and heck, our Little Jewel seems to like it too.

Well now that I am in my 3rd Trimester and my weight gain is going to be increasing the most these last 3 months as She grows bigger and bigger...I don't really want to grow bigger and bigger myself.
My doctor said I am a pound or two under what I should be and I thought that was good news for the end...giving me a little bit of a buffer.
Granted, whatever happens is for the baby and my body will do what it needs to in order to provide the best home for her now.

Anywho, I texted Nik yesterday at 10:56am (this is important) that I want his help to keep me from that yummy liquid. No more running to Sonic or Circle K for a quick fix. I told him that if I need the caffeine for a headache (happened a lot in my 1st trimester) because Tylenol doesn't work for me, that I am only allowed a small can of Dr. Pepper. I just don't want my weight gain to increase because of something dumb and avoidable.

Well...at 11:00am I get a text from SONIC! "Today @Sonic $.99 Rt44 Soft Drinks ALL DAY! 3/31 @ part loc."

WTHeck!!! Are you kidding me?!?!
haha...I got quite a good laugh outta that and immediately texted Nik what just happened.

Oh Dr. Pepper...It's not you, it's me.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment