Sunday, November 28, 2010

Lower Back Pains

So I have been having some pains in my butt/tail bone/lower back area.
It hurts when I walk up steps.
It hurts when I stand on one leg to put the other leg in my pants.
It hurts when I try to get off the couch or out of the car or out of bed.
It hurts when I try to roll over in bed.

I'm not sure what is going on. I've done a little research but don't want to be overreacting if I'm wrong.
The symptoms say it is Symphysis Pubis Disfunction.
What the heck is that??
I am not sure what to do but I am in constant pain when moving.
I think I will call my doctor and see if there is anything they can prescribe, other than Tylenol, because that doesn't seem to be working.

Hope this goes away or gets better soon!

6 comments:

  1. You don't have any kind of disfunction. What you have is a normal, achy pregnant body. Your insides are all being done over. And moved around.
    Mention it to your doctor at your next appointment (especially if it's still around and as bad or gets worse), though, as it could be something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your pains. I can relate somewhat because I have had to deal with this sort of pain due to endometriosis. Try a heating pad - heat does wonders on the pelvic muscles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to tell you that I had this in early pregnancy and am having it now that I am in late pregnancy. Yeah I think you should ask your OB, but most likely it's just one of the fabulous side effects of pregnancy. There are many wonderful aspects, but much of pregnancy is discomfort. I feel for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU! I never wanted to believe I had a disfunction....just it fit and I want to figure out what it is. I'll just keep trying Tylenol and a heating pad. My poor OB nurse...she is getting to know me pretty well and I'm only a 1/4 of the way done. =]

    But GOSH! It KILLS to walk. ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A) CONGRATS! I am so excited for you guys!
    B) My best friend just had the Pubis (long name) thing with her last baby. It was terrible, but it started at about 20 weeks for her. I hope that's not what you're experiencing because it was a nightmare for her! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah... I agree with those that said it was pregnancy side effects. The human body is an amazing thing and pregnancy does CRAZY things that you would never expect to your body! Congrats and good luck!

    ReplyDelete