Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Beginning of Our Lives Changing Forever

Tuesday October 19, 2010

My friend, Catharine, sent me a text that she was pregnant. I was so excited I HAD to call her and get the details. We talked for a bit about how she was feeling and how things were going. She told me how she announced it to her husband, Kirk, and just all the joys she has felt the last couple days since finding out. She had told me that before she found out she was pregnant she was going to the bathroom ALL THE TIME. She had no idea what was wrong with her but things were different.

The whole time on the phone I was thinking about the changes in myself….I was going to the bathroom all the time, I was cramping (which I thought was for my period that was due the Friday before and was just late), my top was so sore that Nik couldn’t even hug me, and I was physically hot to the touch like a temperature but not really (which was extremely backwards in our relationship. Nik was always the hot one and I was always cold).

After getting off the phone with Catharine to head to lunch, I decided to text her and ask her if she was feeling the same things – cramping, sore top, and hot to the touch. She said YES.

EEK!
What did that mean for me?!

I thought I wanted to wait til the next week to take a test…JUST IN CASE I was just really late…but while I was getting my lunch I decided to grab a test at CVS. I HAD to go to the bathroom anyways when I got back to the office…so it was perfect.
When I arrived at the office, I headed straight to the bathroom. The test laid on the floor as it was working up the results. As I headed out of the bathroom I looked down at the test

PREGNANT.

PREGNANT?

PREGNANT!

I bent down real slow JUST so I didn’t fall over from shock. I read correctly. Luckily it was the Clear Blue test that actually said the word instead of the stupid lines…I definitely wasn’t reading this one wrong. No way possible.

I walked out of the bathroom…as white as a ghost. I couldn’t believe it. That word meant my life was going to change, along with Nik’s, FOREVER. But this is everything we wanted….so I was happy, just in shock. I left the bathroom and walked to Wendy’s desk and stood in front of it, just staring at her, IN COMPLETE SHOCK.
I just stared.
And stared some more.

She looked at me and asked what was wrong. I told her what just happened in the bathroom. She jumped up and gave me a huge hug and started crying. She was so excited for me.

Yes, she was the first to know. I thought I was gonna faint…I had to tell someone.

I sat in my seat, as she ate my lunch, and we talked about how we should tell Nik. It was and I had 3.5 hours left of work. I wanted to tell him right then, but over the phone is not cool. I wanted to always see his face with this news. After many ideas I decided I was go to Target and get a onsie that says “I love Daddy” on my way home.
 did NOT come soon enought, but when it did I left work and headed to Target. I was so nervous. I was afraid it was a fluke so I took another test at Target before I made my purchase JUST to make sure I was pregnant.



Yep.
Same results.
Nothing changed.
So off to the baby section I went.
Not sure if it is a boy or girl (obviously) I just bought the cheapest onsie that said “I love Daddy” on it. Turned out it was grey and blue for a boy because all the girl ones said Mommy. I just left it in the Target bag cuz I didn’t have any special wrapping already handy.

When I got home I told him to come and look at what I got at Target. I told him that it was cheap and I just had to have it now even though we won’t need it until the Summer. He was pretty excited to see what I got because I have been pretty good at getting good deals, he wanted to see what it was this time. As he stood in front me I opened the Target shopping bag and he looked down and saw the onsie folded up and the part showing was DADDY.
He looked up me.
“You’re pregnant?! REALLY!! YOU’RE PREGNANT! We're having a BABY!!!”
I kept nodding my head in agreement and we both started crying. He gently picked me as if I was a porcelain doll, ever so gentle not to ruin anything. He was so sweet. We had our moments of laughing and crying tears of joy and happiness.  He kept staring at me like he was unable to fully comprehend what was happening.

Our lives are going to change forever the summer of 2011.
After my own calculations I estimated my due date to be June 24, 2011.
(It would be awesome if I could have the baby on the 22nd. If you know the story behind the 22nd, you get it).
My first OB appt is November 18th. We shall see what happens.
In the mean time, we both want this to stay under wraps until the 2nd trimester has begun. 

This blog is going to go through my life and I am going to try to keep up on it a little better. I will keep posting but it will not be visible to the public until my 2nd trimester has begun.

3 comments:

  1. Aw I loved reading that, what wonderful emotions you must have both felt when finding out! Can't wait for mine and my husband's time like that in the future:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you told him! Ah so crazy you are pregnant.

    ReplyDelete