Monday, April 18, 2011

Baby Names

Nik and I bought a book of baby names and I've had some fun this weekend looking through it.
I have started a list of names that I find in there to be interesting.
We want to have a couple names to choose from when she gets here
But it hasn't been the easiest to agree on any.
Nik seems to like the traditional names
But I would prefer something different so they don't go to class with 2 other "whatevers."
I mean, not off-the-wall different and weird...but not the usuals.
Hope that makes sense.
I never went to school with another Dawna or Donna
But Nik has always had to deal with other Nicks.
So far we have agreed upon one name...
Ayrika
I saw that name from my Stake President's daughter and have loved it ever since.
Her middle name will be
Genette
Just like mine and my mom and grandma.
That will be passed down and we agree on that 100%.
As for the other names...we are still working on more.
But let me share one awesome name that just might trump them all!

Dawnika
(African American)
meaning: dawn

How AWESOME is that?!?!
hahaha.
Ok, we just think it is funny and cute and silly and really...kinda cool
But we won't name our baby girl that.
That would be weird.
Honestly....can YOU do that with your spouse?!?!
Make one real name using both names.

We joke about naming our girl
Nikole
and our boy
Donald
But that is just fun talk.
And whenever we talked about kids in the past we always called them
Our little Nikawna or Dawnik just to be funny.
And then to see our names combined FOR REALS!
hahahahaha.

Honestly....if you can do that with your names...I wanna know about it!

Dawnika Genette Berry.
Has a nice ring to it, eh?!?
haha

1 comment:

  1. As long as it's Daw-nih-ka, and NOT Daw-NEE-ka! (Reminds me of Uniqua from The Backyardigans!) Love the post, Honey! ;>

    ReplyDelete