Saturday, April 16, 2011

Water. Water. Water.

Wow.
The last 2 weeks have been crazy
From losing our dog
To my sister surprising us from Utah
To being in and out of the hospital
To my parents getting another dog
To me getting the 24hr Flu bug
To having Strep Throat
And now just a horrible feeling like I got hit by a truck.
AGGGGHHH!!!!

How about I start where my last post left off.
Carrot came in from Utah Thursday night and snuck into the house.
Everyone woke up Friday morning and got ready as usual.
I hadn't ventured past the bathroom while getting ready so I hadn't made any sort of discovery yet.
As I walked from my bedroom to the bathroom I heard the piano playing.
It was a beautiful song.
A song I recognized.
A song that my 8 or 12 year old sisters could not be playing.
I stood at the door of the bathroom for a few seconds as I tried to process this information.
I was beginning to think my mom was taking piano lessons again...
but that didn't seem right,
So I walked into the living room and VOILA!
There was Carrot.
I screamed "WHAT THE FLIP!?!"
and then she stopped and gave me a big hug!
What a surprise.
That goofus made us all think she wouldn't be down until after the baby got here.
Silly silly.

So we spent the day together and had a great weekend as well.
We all miss her very much but know she is where she needs to be at this time.
Utah has been good to her.
She gave me and Nik some really cute Onesies she made.
I love to look at them but still can't believe I will soon put my daughter in them.
=]

So that happened Friday through Sunday.
But on Saturday I was having contractions.
I had had some Braxton Hicks contractions here and there...
But never 7 in 30 minutes.
So I called my doctor and she told me to go to Banner Gateway L&D.
Went there and was admitted.
They did some tests and everything was fine.
The baby was still stuck inside and growing beautifully.
What they discovered was that I was very dehydrated.
Dehydrated?!?
Have you SEEN how much water I have been drinking??
I have given up soda and have been drinking my 64+ounces of water each day.
Well apparently I have to double that...and then some!
The nurses gave me a shot to relax my belly and then made me drink water there
Until my body started relaxing.
After being there for a few hours Nik and I were able to go.
But I must say it was pretty cool listening to our Little Girl's heartbeat.
She would even kick the monitor every once in a while because it was cramping her style.
haha
I love her personality and being able to get to know her better every day.

My parents got a new dog.
She is a Sheltie-Pomeranian mix.
She will be a cute and happy addition to the family.
Carrot left for Utah Sunday night 
And then the next day I was down with the Flu.
Tuesday I was feeling LOADS better so I went about my normal day.
Then I woke up this morning with what felt like Strep.
So I went down to the doctor and he said he sees the same thing
And gave me some meds.
YAY!
My throat can start feeling better.

Let's just cut straight to the fun stuff....
THE BABY!
I love it.
I have loved this pregnancy.
Other than the minor side-effects of sleepless nights and 
The inability to tie my own shoes,
This has been fun.
She is getting more and more active. 
When I fold my arms and rest them on my "new shelf"
She likes to kick me all along my forearms,
Asking me KINDLY to move.
It makes me laugh because I will move
and then put my arms back after a few minutes and she will do it again.

One time, just the other day, she was pushing so hard 
I could make the out the outline of her precious little foot.
It melted my little heart!

These next 10 weeks will be fun!
No stretch marks yet (and hopefully never ever)
And I've only gained 16 pounds.
YESSS!!!
I've been going on daily walks with my sisters to their school.
This has just been a wonderful time in my life.
Next week I will be making some things for our Little Jewel.
I will definitely be posting them up here.
I am so excited/nervous/anxious about it all.

And pictures will come
When I can stop being sick.
YUCKERS!

1 comment:

  1. Only 16 pounds!!!! Oh my gosh... I am so jealous right now!

    ReplyDelete