Monday, April 18, 2011

A Kid at Heart

Dads are fun, right?!
They like to make their children laugh and giggle.
They like to play around with their children and let that kid in their heart loose.
Well, although Nik hasn't been able to hold his daughter in his arms just yet
Or been able to look at her pretty face
He sure has begun this Fatherly Love.

Saturday morning I was laying in bed just after waking up
And Nik thought it would be funny to play around with his little girl.
See, most times when I feel her kick and tell Nik to get his hand over to feel her
She stops!
He doesn't find that to be very cool.
But she, nonetheless, is like her Father...
...not wanting to put on a show.
If Nik does something or says something funny
And you ask him to do it again for laughs,
He won't.
And guess what...
She does the same thing.
Only some of our family has been able to feel her kick and move
Because of this.
Oh well, only 9.5 weeks and then they can all hold her and feel her kick!
 
Geez, guess I really went off on a tangent there.
Back on topic!

So, Nik wanted to play around with her.
He decided to lean over to the right side of my belly and blow a nice big Raspberry.
After about 2 seconds
I get this nasty big push on my left side,
Exactly opposite from where Nik is making noise.
I take it she didn't like that
And wanted to get as far away from that obnoxious sound as possible.
Man, she pushed as hard as she could.
It WAS kinda funny,
But can you imagine what that could possibly sound like in that big ocean she lives in??
SCARY!
So I push him away as he laughs and we promise not to do it ever again.
Don't wanna scare her before she gets here.

Nik is adorable to her already.
He is so gentle to me and makes sure that I am comfortable
Knowing that she is with me at all times.
He is going to make a great Father.
I am so excited to see him in action!
That little kid in his heart is gonna bust out and go crazy!!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! I can't wait to experience that with Jed someday! :)

    ReplyDelete